Once upon a time...
It was in the year 1876 that Josef Tammerle acquired the property known as the “Goldfuass”. In 1879 he and his wife opened the inn he called “Zum Löwen” (The Lion) with 13 rooms.
The villagers knew it simply as “Tammerle’s”, a place to go to hear the local gossip over a glass of wine with friends. In 1980 the old inn was demolished and rebuilt: the “Hotel Zum Löwen” now has over 31 rooms.